The Sunshine Music Festival is delighted to offer space for vendors and artisans, focusing on ethically and sustainably made goods. Acceptance of your application will be determined based on the nature and quality of your products, with a strong preference for home-made items.
Please read through our vendor information and guidelines, and complete the application form below. Our Vendor Coordinator will get back to you as soon as possible with a decision. A waitlist will be kept for last minute cancellations. If you have any questions, get in touch.
- $150 handmade crafts
- $225 imported crafts
- $300 food booths
Booth prices include festival passes
- Craft booths get passes for 2 people per day (4 in total).
- Food booths get passes for 3 people per day (6 in total).
- Passes will be distributed at set-up, and must be worn throughout the festival.
Please review our guidelines before applying!
- NO DOGS ON SITE: This will be firmly enforced.
- Booth frontage: Booth frontage is 15’. Additional frontage is available at a cost of $50 per 5 feet.
- Extra booth frontage must be requested in your application, or no later than two weeks before the event (late approval will depend on available space).
- No drums anywhere after 11 PM, and acoustic music only until midnight. Security will give gentle reminders.
- No alcohol or drugs on site at this family-friendly event.
Deposits & deadlines
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required after your application has been approved to secure your spot.
- Full payment is required by August 15th.
- Payments can be made via e-transfer (preferred), or a mailed cheque. Details on how to pay will be sent to you in an email after you apply.
- Refunds are available until August 1st on the refundable portion of your booth fee.
- Camping space is limited, and is on a first come first serve basis. Note: Generators are not permitted.
- Camping must be requested in application, otherwise we cannot guarantee space. Apply early!
- Our Vendor Coordinator is on-site to assist with setup on Friday and throughout the festival.
- Booth locations will be posted at the main gate.
- Setup begins Friday after 9 AM, and continues on Saturday until 11 AM. All setup must be complete by Saturday at 11 AM.
- For safety reasons, no vehicles can enter or leave the site after 10:30 AM on Saturday until the close of the festival.
Zero Waste Festival
Let’s work together at achieving a zero waste festival!
We ask that you keep our goal of a zero-waste festival in your mind and heart while planning. Please eliminate all waste from your booth, and make sure you aim to leave the park just as you found it. When you are registered, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on our policy, and how your can meet our shared goal.
We offer alternatives!
- Plates, cutlery & mugs are provided to all food booths.
- Our trusty volunteers keep busy at our washing stations, cleaning and sanitizing the dishes as they come in.
- An excellent recycling and composting station takes care of any leftovers. *Note: Powell River does not have the facilities for “compostable” packaging, so please don’t include it in your plan!
- NO bottled water to be sold. We provide drinking water.
- NO pre-packed mass-produced snacks to be sold. Examples include chips, cheesies, etc.
- NO “compostable” cups & cutlery as Powell River does not have the facilities to properly compost them.
- NO plastic straws, saran-wrap, crinkly plastic packaging, etc that cannot be recycled.
Artisan & Craft Vendors
Priority preference will be for hand-made goods or sustainable, ethically sourced goods
Artisans will be selected based on the quality of their products, with an eye to providing a diversity of handmade, original selections to patrons. Vendors who meet the criteria will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
Priority Preference will be for Quality, handmade food options
- Food vendors will be selected based on the quality of their products, with an eye to providing a diversity of handmade food options to patrons.
- Vendors who meet the criteria will be selected on a first come, first served basis, with a maximum of 12 vendors
Permits & licences
- All vendors are responsible for obtaining permits, inspections, insurance, licences and any other requirements to legally operate a mobile food vendor business.
- All food booths are required by the fire marshal to have fire extinguishers.
- Food booths include a 15 AMP electrical hookup.
- Vendors must bring their own extension cords.
- No heavy electrical appliances, please; propane is best.
- Additional electricity may be allowed based on availability at $35 for the weekend.
- No generators!
- Note that electricity is only available to food booths
Make a zero-waste plan!
- NO bottled water — we provide drinking water
- NO pre-packed mass-produced snacks
- NO “compostable” cups & cutlery
- NO plastic straws or packaging that cannot be recycled